The Deggendorf-Plattling Railway was a Bavarian railway company founded in 1865 with 300,000 gulden of capital divided into 3,000 shares, built to connect the Plattling Ostbahn station to Fischerdorf opposite Deggendorf on the right bank of the Danube over a line 8,695 meters long. The line opened on March 8, 1866, running four daily train pairs by 1867, and the Bavarian Eastern Railway Company took over its operation that year before purchasing the line outright in 1872. Service ceased on September 16, 1877, when the newly opened Bavarian Forest railway used a different alignment that made the original route obsolete.
Reader Challenges (0 open reader challenges)
No disputes yet. Spotted an error or a better source? Open the first one.
Sign in to dispute this or suggest a correction.
View At A Past Year
The atlas records no dated fact of its own for this entry, so there is no other year to choose.